145 N Altadena Drive
Pasadena, CA 91107 USA
Tel: (833) AMPHLGY
Amorphology is licensing patents on Bulk Metallic Glass (BMG) alloys — also known as amorphous metals — and pioneering new manufacturing techniques to expand the use of this technology from spacecraft to commercial products.
Amorphology's core goal is to develop structural applications for BMG technology in advanced robotics, thus changing the paradigm for manufacturing, cost and performance.
BMG's unique properties allow us to manufacture precision components faster and at lower costs than possible with traditional metals.
Advanced properties include:
- High formability (injection molding, blow molding, coatings)
- High hardness/wear resistance
- Smooth surface finish (little to no lubrication required for gears/bearings)
- High corrosion resistance
- High elasticity
- Tight tolerances
Application areas include: gears & bearings, robotics, aerospace and medical, as well as large scale thermal coatings for industrial/agriculture equipment.
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
- Automated Assembly Machines/Systems
- End-of-Arm Tooling
- Mobile Robots
- Motion Control Equipment
- Power Transmission, Actuators & Mechanics
- Robots - Industrial
- Robots - Service or Educational